Hair growth is something most people want. We mean, who doesn’t want to flaunt their long and luscious hair? Not everybody is satisfied with short hair and that’s fine. However, it comes at a price that most people aren’t careful or patient enough to give. If you’re interested in having a hair growth of up to 1 inch in a month, then this post is for you. Read further to find out how to do that.
How Fast Does The Hair Actually Grow?
Naturally, if all is well, your hair should be growing constantly. According to The Trichological Society, human hair grows about half an inch a month (6 inches yearly). Despite this, your hair can grow as little as 1cm or as much as 1 inch in the space of one month. Some factors, both under and beyond your control, can influence the natural progression of your hair growth. Some of these factors include the following:
- Hormonal changes
- Hair type
- Heat and environmental damages
- Health conditions, etc.
How to Grow One Inch of Hair Every Month
- The Rice Water Method
For centuries, women from Asian countries like China, Japan, and India have used the rice water method to improve hair growth. According to Science Direct, rice grains contain about 75 to 80% starch. Rice water is the starchy water collected after cooking rice or soaking it for some days. It contains nutrients like amino acids, B vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that are known to help the hair grow. Here’s how to grow your hair with this method:
- Soak or boil ½ cup of rice. If you choose to soak, put the rice in a container with a lid, and add 2-3 cups of water. Leave the rice to soak for 3-5 days and then strain the water. If you choose to boil, cook the rice in 2-3 cups of water and strain it after 10 minutes.
- Wash and condition your hair.
- Section your hair into four parts after rinsing and detangling.
- Apply the rice water to your hair strands and scalp with a spray bottle. Massage it into your scalp gently.
- Leave it on for up to 30 minutes while wearing a shower cap.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
- The Inversion Method
This method involves hanging your head upside down to increase blood flow into your scalp. Many people who have tried this method claim that it grows hair super-fast. To get the best results, it is better to combine this process with a scalp massage using essential oils that aid hair growth. If you’re doing the headstand version of this therapy, don’t stay too long to avoid straining your neck and back or dizziness. Here is how to go about it:
- Apply essential oil of your choice to your hair, focusing on your scalp and ends.
- Massage the oil into your scalp in a circular motion for 4-5 minutes.
- Sit on a chair and hang your head between your knees, below your heart.
- Flip your hair forward so it’s hanging down.
- Hold this position for 5 minutes. If you feel any discomfort or dizziness, stop immediately.
- Sit up slowly to avoid a head rush or dizziness.
- Wash the oil off your hair and you’re all done. Repeat the process daily for a week every month.
- The Aloe Vera Method
Aloe vera contains nutrients and vitamins proven to aid the scalp’s health and ultimately hair growth. These nutrients include amino acids, copper and zinc, plant steroids, and fatty acid.so, if you’re really looking for ways to grow an inch every month, go get an aloe vera plant. Here is how to use aloe vera for hair growth:
- Cut an aloe vera leaf and scoop out the gel with a spoon. Do not use the latex part, it causes itching.
- Blend the gel with some coconut oil or olive oil.
- Rub the mixture on your scalp and cover it with a shower cap for an hour.
- Wash the mixture off with a mild shampoo and warm water.
- Do this as often as three times a week to get maximum results.
- The Apple Cider Vinegar Method
Apple cider vinegar is very well known in the beauty industry for its numerous benefits and nutrients to both the skin and hair. It promotes a healthy scalp, which is essential for hair growth. It reduces frizz in the hair and also prevents hair loss. Here’s how to use it:
- Mix 100ml of apple cider vinegar with 500ml of water in a spray bottle.
- Spray the mixture to your scalp making sure you reach every part.
- Spray your hair with the mixture too. Your hair must be clean.
- Leave the mixture on your hair for 2 to 4 minutes and then rinse with cool water.
- Apply a light conditioner to your hair and then rinse it off thoroughly. Make sure you get all the products and vinegar out of your hair. And you’re all done.
How to Avoid Hair Loss
The fact is, you can try any of these hair growth methods and your hair will remain short. This is not because it’s not working for you or because your hair isn’t growing. It could be because you’re suffering from hair loss. Normally, we shed between 50 and 100 strands of hair daily. Anything more than this is abnormal and should be looked into. Here are ways you can avoid hair loss:
- Always keep your hair moisturized.
- Avoid excessive heat styling.
- Eat balanced diets
- Use the right tools and products for your hair.
- Avoid tight hairstyles
Wrapping up, if you try all the above-listed methods of growing your hair and avoid practices that can lead to hair loss and your hair still isn’t growing, we advise that you visit your doctor. It could be a sign of underlying medical conditions such as alopecia. The earlier you get diagnosed, the better. We hope that you have found this blog post useful. Let us know which of these hair growth methods you’ll try out in the comments!