It is true that beauty is subjective. But you might not need to conduct a broad research or survey to know if curly hair is attractive or not.
If you have curly hair, you have probably gotten stares and compliments from people at a point in your life.
That says something.
There’s also something about curls that adds a boost to your appearance and persona. It screams runway or red carpet looks sometimes.
Judging from the way curly-haired girls rock their crowns, or the way straight-haired queens pick up the heat styling tools to transform their straight hair into ringlets, that also says something.
Curly hair is attractive.
Overtime, celebrities with natural curls have also pulled off rocking their curls to prestigious events like the Met gala. Some, red carpet events or just rocking it just because.
And some have also resorted to curling irons. Win win.
Kaia Gerber. Met gala 2022
Yara Shaidi. BET awards 2017
Is it attractive to everyone?
As said earlier, beauty is subjective. Some people might not find curly hair attractive the way some may do. Some curly haired girls may even choose to straighten their hair from time to time.
However, this is mostly because curly hair is prone to tangles and frizz and is difficult to manage. Handling it the wrong way may make it go from pretty to frizzy. This has chances of reducing its supposedly attractive appearance.
Improving its appearance
Sometimes, the appearance of your curls may not please you because of the frequent tangles, frizz and dullness( due to dryness). Oftentimes, it’s because your hair is being cared for the wrong way or not cared for at all.
It is very true that it is a hassle caring for curly hair and even the right routine might not help if you are still doing some things wrong.
Your curls can definitely regain its shine and bounce if you do the following:
- Shampoo occasionally( once to twice a week, or once every two weeks, depending on how oily your hair gets) with a sulfate-free and hydrating shampoo.
- Alternatively, use a cleansing conditioner to wash your hair.
- Never skip conditioning. Use a hydrating leave-in conditioner everyday and deep condition every two weeks.
- Reduce frequent heat application. Use heat protectant sprays if you must apply heat.
- When drying, use a microfiber towel (alternatively, a t-shirt) or let it air dry. If you’re using a blow dryer, don’t forget to diffuse.
- Detangle using a wide-tooth comb or your fingers.
- Get rid of split ends by trimming your hair once to twice every three months.
- Wear silk or satin bonnets to sleep.
Whatever texture, color or length your hair is, it being beautiful or attractive boils down to how well it is being taken care of. Regardless of hair type, a well cared for hair will definitely look good to anyone. And the one that’s poorly taken care of will look less attractive.
Apply the correct styling method, habits and proper hair care regimen to get people turning their heads whenever you walk by.