Bleaching your hair doesn’t end there. You might want to be extra careful about how you handle your hair afterward. If you are the type to miss out on crucial steps in your routine you might want to add them back to prevent damage to your hair now that it is bleached.
The bleaching process takes away moisture from your hair and makes it vulnerable to damage. This is why you should be gentle and take extra care of your strands after bleaching to prevent damage.
Perhaps you bleached your hair and you’re wondering if your hair is damaged. The signs are not too vague to tell. The common signs your hair is damaged after bleaching are usually tangles, brittleness, frizzy hair, dullness, split ends and dryness.
In this article, I’ll be recommending great hair products that can help you manage and help your hair.
How to care for bleached and damaged hair
If your hair has not already been damaged due to overprocessing, you still have a chance to have damage-free bleached hair.
It should be noted that, once your hair is damaged, it can still be managed with some procedures. If it has been extremely damaged, the effect is usually irreversible. However, there are certain things you can do to prevent or manage this damage.
- Since your hair needs moisture more than ever, wash occasionally to retain your hair’s natural oil. Use sulfate-free shampoos and preferably, color safe and repairing shampoos.
- Condition regularly.Conditioners help to add moisture to your hair and are great treatments for color treated hair. Skipping conditioners can put your hair at a greater risk of damage.
- You should add hair treatments that have ingredients like protein in it to your regimen. Protein has the ability to strengthen and protect your hair. This reduces chances of damage.
- Bleached hair may give you split ends. To avoid damage, you should trim your ends to get rid of them.
- Damage to your bleached hair can happen or get worse when you use heat styling tools without protecting your hair. Before applying heat, use heat protectant sprays.
- Avoid using the wrong tools for your hair texture to prevent breakage and further damage. If you have straight hair, a fine-tooth comb is best for combing your hair. If you have curly hair, use a wide-tooth comb or your fingers to detangle.
- You should consider taking a break in chemical treatments or processing your hair to give it a chance at repair and to avoid another damage.
Best products for bleached and damaged hair
1.Shea strengthen and restore leave-in conditioner
When your bleached hair is damaged, the signs are usually dryness, tangles, brittleness, breakage and split ends. Thanks to this leave-in conditioner, you have a chance to improve and restore your hair.
This conditioner is exactly what your bleached hair needs if it is damaged. The star ingredient in this product, Jamaican Castor oil, has a reparative ability that can also improve the growth of your hair.
Get rid of dryness, breakage and improve the look of your split ends with it.
2. Olaplex hair perfector No.3 hair perfector
This seems to be in everyone with bleached hair’s stash. If you don’t already have it, well, this is a sign. This treatment is something you can do at home yourself. It helps to strengthen and repair broken bonds and is best for color-treated hair
3. Verb purple hair mask
Sometimes, when your bleached hair goes wrong, it usually has a yellow hue to it. This is particularly in those who have gone blonde. This hair mask sees to the adjustment of this and evens out the tone of your hair.
It doesn’t end there just yet. It helps to soften and provide hydration to your hair.
4. Briogeo don’t despair, repair super moisture shampoo
Don’t despair. The brigeo line will always come through for your hair. Whether you want your frizz gone or you need to repair your damaged strands.
This color-safe shampoo is sulfates and silicone free. It is great for all hair types and specially looks out for those with dry and damaged hair.
It effectively cleanses without stripping your hair of natural oil, strengthens your hair and prevents it from future damage.
5. Bleach London reincarnation mask
This hair mask literally does it all if your hair is damaged. It is suitable for all hair types and can be used as a conditioner.
It helps to repair, hydrate and restore your hair back to it’s healthy state.
6. Mielle Rosemary Mint Scalp & Hair Strengthening Oil
Who says a product has to be pricy for it to do wonders? This oil is my personal favorite. And maybe the favorite of everyone that has tried it too.
It does a lot of good to your damaged hair, from conditioning, hydrating and strengthening your hair to improving split ends. To top it all, it smells amazing.
7. Bonnet silk satin hair wrap
One of the things people with damaged hair battle is dry hair. And with dry hair comes other things like breakage, brittleness, frizz and tangles.
You want to make sure that you do everything to make your hair stay hydrated even while you’re asleep to prevent worse situations.
A way of retaining moisture in your hair is by wearing silk or satin bonnets to sleep and this bonnet does a great job at it.
It stays on your head all night and protects your hair from frizz, tangles, breakage to mention a few.